Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We only started camping last year (in a Coleman pop-up) and really only hit a few campgrounds (Yogi-Bear in New Hampshire and Baileys in Maine (Old Orchard Beach) being our favorites. I'm wondering if any of you have any recommendations on other campgrounds in New England for a family that includes 2-1/2 (due in June) boys (ages 3-1/2, 1-1/2 and well, 1/2). The Yogi Bear style is nice with the little ones as they have a shallow pool for the little kids and plenty of activities so I guess that would be more in line with the type of thing I am looking for. Any suggestions?

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
We took the kids to Bar Harbor, ME last summer and had blast. There were plenty of places to camp on Mt. Desert Island. We stayed at the Bar Harbor KOA, which had a nice playground for the kids, but no pool. It was right on the water though, and they had a ball going through the tidal pools everyday, finding all sorts of marine life to explore.

The were some other parks that had pools. Some were even more crowded then the KOA.

Good luck in your search.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts