Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in Castle Rock, CO. My wife and I have three great kids (girl, boy, girl) ages 10, 7, and 4. Prior to moving to Castle Rock a year ago we lived in Highlands Ranch, CO for nearly 6 years, and before that in Colorado Springs for 4 years after graduating from Colorado College.

The kids keep us busy in the spring, summer, and fall with soccer, basketball, swimming, and other warm weather activities. My wife and I love to ski, but don't go as often as we would like. We like to ski close to Denver (to avoid I-70 nighmares coming home), so we usually ski at Eldora or Loveland.

My wife has her degree in Fine Art and has owned a home day care business for 9 years. She is great with kids, and did most of the work raising our three to be really good kids. Also, the tax benefits of running a home business are incredible.

I am an IT professional working the in data warehouse space. I currently work for www.cheaptickets.com building and maintaining the data warehouse. So, the next time you need to book travel online, skip Expedia, skip Orbitz, and skip Travelocity...book with CheapTickets!

Working in technology I am obviously drawn to computers. I have an online computer business at www.benzel.net that allows you to build your computer with hundreds of configuration options. I can generally beat Dell or Gateway by $200 to $500 depending on the system. Technical support is provided by the computer vendors I use. It is a fun business meeting people online and helping them get the computer they want at the best price.

We purchased our 2004 26 RS in January 2004. We all can't wait to go camping. Mid-April will probably be the earliest we can camp without the risk of freezing. Our favorite places to camp in Colorado are Mueller State Park and Golden Gate State Park. We are going to try Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park near the Royal Gorge over Father's Day weekend, and are going to Mueller twice in July. Golden Gate is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend this year. Will likely hit Boyd Lake State Park in hot August.

Talk to you all later, Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,940 Posts
Brining this back from the dead. We camp at the jellystone in Royal Gorge all the time, over 6 times this year alone. The owners, Danny and Gwen are awsome people. The activities for the kids are what it's all about. If anyone in the Colorado area is looking for a place to go for the kids, check it out, seasons over now, no activities for the kids. You will always find us in the delux sites at the bottom of the hill.

I still have a standing bet for anyone if you can peddle the carts up the entire hill I'll give you $20.

Bill.

·
Registered
205 Posts
2500Ram said:
Brining this back from the dead. We camp at the jellystone in Royal Gorge all the time, over 6 times this year alone. The owners, Danny and Gwen are awsome people. The activities for the kids are what it's all about. If anyone in the Colorado area is looking for a place to go for the kids, check it out, seasons over now, no activities for the kids. You will always find us in the delux sites at the bottom of the hill.

I still have a standing bet for anyone if you can peddle the carts up the entire hill I'll give you $20.

Bill.
[snapback]62000[/snapback]​
Speaking of Co. Springs we spent one wk of our vacation there last May over Memorial Day and it was our first long trip with our new 25rss. Camped at the Garden of the Gods. DH wanted to see if he could find his old apt in the Springs as it was at least 30 yrs since he was there while serving in the army. Well sure enough we drove right up to the front door of it. It was being remodeled and still looking good.
Judy & Bob & 2blackdogs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts