Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Started camping with my wifes family, two years before we got married, that was 16 years ago. Absolutely loved it. We would camp twice a year, Memorial Day and Columbus Day. About 10 years ago a friend who thought he was helping us get started, gave us a pop-up he wasn't using. You see where this is going? Nightmare!!!! Brakes locked up first trip out, had to take brake shoes out to get home. More mold inside this camper than a truck load of blue cheese. Leaks? You could call it that, but more like taking a shower. Enough already, I said! Traded this gem for a brand spankin new Hillary tent. We,re set!, I thought. Well we got our teeth kicked in a couple hundred more times before one of the best things that ever happened to us occured. The side of the tent "blew out", Memorial Day 03. I said to my beautiful wife, "If we ever camp again, we will be in an RV", my sweetheart still full of the sour taste in her mouth agreed totally. That summer I was listening to a christian radio station i enjoy and heard them advertise for Garick RV Oak Ridge NJ. I did the only sensible thing I could, pack up the fam. and drive an hour and a half. I was very impressed with the salesman Charlie (wasn't pushey) and we loved the Outbacks. I told Charlie that If we purchased a camper we would get it there. I went back to see them again a few days before Christmas. Charlie was lookin a little thin. After a little bit of negotiating we came to an aggreement. 21 RS Loaded. The rest is as They say "History". By the way, "who are THEY anyway?
Brian

·
Registered
279 Posts
Brian,
Welcome to Outbackers. We too have a 21RS. We have also had our share of tent experiences that weren't so nice. Hard side campers are the best and I'll never go back. It's good to have you in the forum and look forward to hearing more from you. Pass the word about Outbackers.com every chance you get. It's nice to have things in common with so many nice people. Enjoy your Outback. action

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
We bought our 21RS at Garick also. Nice group of people to deal with. The service dept. has been very good with the few issues we had. Glad to have you around.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts