Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big Howdy to everyone,

First of all let me say thank you for making me feel welcome. I found this site kind of by accident when I was surfing for Outback information. I apologize for my first post I did not intend to sound like a
, I was just a little frustrated with a new trailer that now had to go back to the dealer. Well enough of that.

My wife and I have been camping together for all of our married life. Our six kids are all grown and have camping families of their own. However, we are raising one granddaughter who is now 11, and our other three grandkids frequently go with us, so the bunks in the 28RS-S are a perfect match for us.

We are both retired, I spent 33 in the LAPD mostly as a detective and my wife worked in retail lost prevention. We enjoy, doing home improvement projects, camping of course, and our family.

We are really looking forward to our first trip in the new Outback. We are going to the beach in Ventura for 4 days, so it should be a good test of all the systems. I do most all of my own maintenance and modifications. Really enjoyed that section of Outbackers and can hardly wait to get mine back so I can start.

Thanks to you all, Happy camping. sunny

Tom, Pam and Sara

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Hello Tom, Pam and Sara,

Sounds like you've had an interesting life, so far, and are qualified as an official child rearer! As you can see from our sig, we also have a good number of children and have always found camping to be a natural and positive compliment to raising them. Looks like you've got an ideal set-up for enjoying many years of memory making with that big Ford and a great new Outback.

Please share your mods as you add them as many of us are also particularly fond of that section.

Happy trails,

Greg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Campingtom,

Welcome to the group, hope you enjoy your trailer as much as we've been enjoying ours (same model). Your note about Ventura brought back memories of when I was a kid and my folks used take us camping on the beach there, driving out from Phoenix, AZ. The two things I loved about that place was how close to the beach you could park (slept outside and loved listening to the ocean all night long) and how fun it was to buggie board and surf (back then I didn't care about how COLD the water was).

Have a great trip,

Chet.

·
Outbackers Contributor
360 Posts
Tom, Pam and Sara

Welcome... you have probably already noticed this is a good group of people to be associated with. I hope your camper is back from the dealer soon. I sympathize with you.. I have had mine back a few times too but I guess it is better to get the bugs worked out while that warranty is in effect.

Happy Camping!!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Hey Tom welcome aboard. Don't worry about your initial post at all, you have every right to be frustrated. Hope they get it resolved so you can just enjoy camping now.

Sounds like a great family, and you have a wonderful addition to your family too.

Between you with LAPD and the other Firemen (women too perhaps) we have our emergency services covered

If you can't get Pismo have you tried Morrow Bay?

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Y-guy,

We got the camper back yesterday and all looks well. We are on our way to Ventura for the weekend for our first trip. It should be interesting, since our middle son, his wife and 2 kids are going with us. So I guess we will get to see how all the beds work
. We are still looking for memorial day, We like the beach, but of course so does everybody else in California so we will keep trying. I looked for a private campgrand in the Moro Bay area and did not find one, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,877 Posts
Tom,

My family is not as large as yours but camping is still an integral part of it. We all can't wait to get the season started. Being on opposite coasts, same thing here, everyone wants to head for the beach including my bride. This year I much rather head to the woods away from the hustle and bustle.

Good luck with the new rig, I am sure you will create many memories with all of your grandkids, someday they will realize how fortunate they have it to be able to do things with you.

Camping builds memories for a lifetime.

Happy camping

Kevin

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi Camping Tom,

Have a good time at the beach and enjoy the the new trailer!!! We have a new 21RS and can hardly wait to get it out for a full week! Where do you go in Ventura? I have a week in June at Carpenteria State Beach, San Miguel, Beach Row. It will be great!

For a private campgrond in Morro Bay try Morro Dunes RV Park. It's on the beach and by far the most popular of the private places. We like to stay at Morro Bay State Park but it's closed for a few months being fixed up.

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hyewalt,

We like to go to a private campground that is veryclose to old town Ventura, it is called Ventura Beach RV Resort. Nice place, but a little close to the freeway so you get some of that noise. However, as I am sure you know most of the campgrounds that run from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara you either get the road noise, the train noise or both. But hey ya can't beat the beach for a nice place to be on a beautiful Spring weekend. sunny

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts