Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I got back yesterday from a weekend trip to the Chicahominy Riverfront Park near Williamsburg, Virginia. This trip was a recon of the park for a planned family and friends trip over the Memorial Day weekend, as well as the shake-down trip of the Outback 25FBS. Since this trip was prior to the season, we were not able to utilize the pool.

Overall impression of the park was very good. We had what must be the primo site (#158) with full hook-up. It was on the Gordon Creek side and had an excellent view. For full hook-up sites I highly recommend 158 through 160. The campground has sites ranging from full hook-up (with sewer, but no CATV) to basic tent sites with water only. The majority of the sites are wooded, with some available in the open. There are two bath houses which were kept very clean and were in good repair. There is a small store at the check-in station. The park has rental boats/motors and canoes and a fishing pier (no license required if you fish from pier). There is a driving range for those who can't go a few days without their golf fix, and some world class courses are within an easy drive (pun intended) of the park. Some of the facilities around the park have seen their better days, and some of the sites seem a little close together.

Final evaluation: I'm recommending that we have our Memorial day outing here, and my wife and I will be using this park again for some of our own trips. More info on this park is available at www.jccegov.com/recreation/chicahominy_park

Happy camping,

Gary

1 - 1 of 1 Posts