Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!

We are back from our first trip with our 2004 25 RS-S Outback....was a lot of fun in Gettysburg,.....but, Brrrr...cold at night.

Question is....with 2 adults and 1 pre-teen, we had some condensation on inside of trailer....on queen bed inside walls and closet inside wall by back bunks....obviously all these walls were against outside where the temperature got down to 38!....we turned on heat in morning and that is when we noticed it ...not dripping...just condensation.

Should we be concerned?

Thanks,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cats4Nat

LP gas heaters do generate condensation themselves, plus you had cold walls. It's a good idea to crack a roof vent a little when heating with gas to get rid of condensation.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
During our trip to the Oregon Coast we heated from two ceramic heaters (saved my propane and used the electricity), even with those the 3 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs really steamed up the windows the first night, after that I kept the vent cracked in the bathroom about 1" and found it really cut down on the condensation. In the morning I ran the AC unit on dry mode or ran the bathroom fan for a while.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We keep a Dri-Z-Air in our trailer 24/7. You would be surprised at how much moisture this little thing gets out of the air. Best of all, it's pretty cheap. It helps keep the condensation down and gives me peace of mind that the next time I go into my trailer, it's not going to smell all musty or moldy.

Dri-Z-Air

Just my $.02 worth.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
We keep a Dri-Z-Air in our trailer 24/7. You would be surprised at how much moisture this little thing gets out of the air.
I just added it to our "nice to have" list. I was wondering, What makes it work?

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts