Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave a good inspection of the OUTBACK this morning, and to my dismay...found another leak!

ARRRRGH!

I just chewed out my dealers GM yesterday about the bike door, and now I found another leak! The TV stand near the sink had about a quart of standing water on it!
MY DEDUCTION: The long window above it has a little chunk missing (white plastic trim) from it on the bottom. The gutter above the window (awning rail) has a seem where water leaks through and runs down the window. It is probably coming through the window there.

The rest of the process went pretty smoothly. All systems fired up, bleached the plumbing, and did a couple quick mods. (cut the shower hose)

Tomorrow...we leave for Long Lake, MN for the weekend. (fishing opener) I'm packing my thermal underwear, cause today's high was 37 degrees. Tonight, down to 21 degrees. Next couple days are supposed to be a little warmer...but not much.

Have a great weekend everyone!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Good thing those Outbacks have enclosed underbellies and radiant heated tanks. 21 degrees is COLD! Water will have no problem freezing at that temp.

Which brings up a good point about using portable heat. If that is all you use, and it gets really cold overnight, not running the furnace will hamper the whole radiant heat thing. Hadn't thought of that before your post, Pete.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Burr I'm cold just thinking of that! Man I hope you get those leaks taken care of that's got to be majorly frustrating. We just got back tonight and its been raining, my check of the Outback showed no leaks... yet at least.

Randy good point too, need to run the furnace to heat the underbelly. I don't worry much about that around here thankfully!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep...weekend was Cold! (can you say...frozen water hose?)
I have the neatest picture to post when I get a chance. I shut the water down to the hose before bedtime, and opened the Y connection on the trailer. This way, when the water expanded in the hose as it froze, it had a place to go. Worked nicely, as I just put some water in the tank the day before and used it until the sun thawed the hose again.

Found another defect:
My water heater is not working in electric mode. I have to dig around and make sure the limit switch isn't tripped. If that's not it....defect. I never put it in electric before, because it's such a pain to do. (no wall switch) I have to flip the switch on the heater itself, (convieniently located under the dinette with a screwed down lid) and flip on the breaker switch.

Still no word from the dealers General Manager on my leaks. (yes, it rained on my trip. I was able to contain the water for easier clean up. Everything else went GREAT! Woodticks are out in force....tough little suckers in that kind of weather. Had to run the furnace, and kept an electric heater on to supplement. People were fishing in parkas and mittens...real diehards.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
NDJollyMon said:
People were fishing in parkas and mittens...real diehards.
Diehards huh? I could come up with a few other words for them too

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
People were fishing in parkas and mittens...real diehards.
Probably wondering how they could rig up their ice fishing shanty's.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts