Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm no expert, believe me...

But, I have had on 2 occasions a microwave failure. Each time it was the "slow burn" fuse inside. With the exception of having to remove and partially disassemble the microwave, it was a simple job.

The fact that you smelled something is concerning. In my Ham radio hobby there is a saying,"You can't put the smoke back in"...

Good luck, Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, yes i repair computers and joke with people telling them not to let the smoke out. The turntable hasnt worked since we have had it, going on 3 yrs now, so i want to replace it, wasnt sure if i can buy a y microwave that will fit the space or it has to be special one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had ours out to for access to run wiring to install roof vent fan. It's really easy to get the microwave out and in.

I suspect you'll be looking for one specially for an RV. But I may be wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Some microwave ovens aren't suited for use in RVs. To determine whether a microwave oven is suitable for use in an RV, you must consider a few factors. First and foremost, will you be installing the item in an RV microwave provision hole? If you are, counter microwaves are unlikely to fit correctly within the hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts