Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a pretty good deal on the MaxxAire vent coves at Campers Choice today, you get two for $35.99 and I saw a $5 coupon on your first order in Camping Life, if you mention code CL8006. I don't know if you can combine the deal, but nothing in the ads say you can't. So for $30 you can have two!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Steve. I just might have to look into that. I was thinking about adding two of them, with a turbomaxx fan on the third vent. I'll have to check the check book to see how much I can spend this month.

I don't want to spend all of it on the camper just yet. I still need to add a tranny gauge to the 'ole Avalanche.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hatcityhosehauler said:
I don't want to spend all of it on the camper just yet. I still need to add a tranny gauge to the 'ole Avalanche.
I hear ya! I'm stopping by a friend that runs a collision shop to see what kind of prices he can get, I keep watching ebay for a new one and hope to find one at a bargain price.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I think I'm just going to add a single gauge, maybe in a pillar mount. I can't justify spending the $$$$ on changing the whole cluster, and I don't think you can add the transmission gauge to the existing cluster.

VDO has a gauge, identicle to the one's we have in the fire trucks, and it fairly reasonable at about $40 for the gauge. Then of course you need to add the pillar mounts, and possibly a sending unit, if the stock GM unit isn't compatible. I still figure I could do it for under $100, if I did the labor myself, and only added the Tran. Temp gauge.

I'll keep you posted.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts