Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a used 2002 28' Outback. It appears to be in good condition and we have used it several times with no problems (knock on wood). BUT it does have bubbles on the sides of the outside walls which we were told could be air/gas pockets where the insides have separated but if they are hard to the touch, they are ok and nothing to worry about, BUT if they are soft and mushy they are not. We took the seller's word on this as he also sells and owns travel trailers and motor coaches. Does anyone know if this is true? If it were leaking water would the bubbled areas be soft and mushy even slightly? Our "bubbles" are very hard to the touch and when pressed an indention can not be made or felt. We have not found any obvious leaks yet. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
186 Posts
To find a composite delamination we in the aviation business we use either an ultrasound machine or the easiest to use is the Quarter test. Since the ultrasound machine is a little pricey use a Quarter or large washer and do a tap test.

1. Go along a known good section and tap, tap, tap and listen to the sound.

2. Go to the suspected area and tap along the good area and work your way into the suspected area and you will here a dull sound compared to the good area.

This will find a delamination but will not find moisture as the ultrasound will.

hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a door replaced on my '02 25rss. I remember sitting around the fire and noticing "bubbling" on the rear door, and one day a fellow camper told me what it was........de-lamination. After bringing it to the dealer, they said they couldn't find a problem, but took it back again and they replaced the door. I have been told, once this starts, it can ony get worse. This should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for responding. Do you know what kind of warranty comes with TT? We are the second owner I believe and are not sure about any warranty they might have. Would it still be in effect and transfer to us?

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts