Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find that you really use this? I've never baked when camping, but I've never had an oven either.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Go for the oven. Hot rolls, baked potatoes, frozen entries. We use ours all the time. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Really depends on your idea of cooking. We don't use ours every meal, but for resale and for variety of our meals its nice to have. Since its not depending on power they are nice when you boondock too. Kids love when my wife has baked cookies or cinnamon rolls when we're camping, I like to camp but I grow tried of "roughing it food" so the oven gives you more options when you cook.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi:

FWIW, Our Outback 29F-BH-S did NOT come with an oven and my wife thought she might occasionally use one. The dealer ordered a convection/micro to replace the regular micro. When the convection came in, it was way too wide to ever fit without major tearing up of the cabinets.

The dealer then decided to buy us a small, kitchen counter sized convection oven, it looks like a fancy toaster oven but is a true Cuisinart convection. Not as good as a real, built-in, but we needed it for a trip and I think the little portable convection will work out okay. It's all digital, has a ton of controls and options and is big enough to cook a chicken or a loaf of bread. A good compromise.

According to the dealer, lots of 29F-BH-S are built without the ovens since most people just usually end up using it as a storage place.

All the best,

Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of the biggest differences I can notice between the two is if you plan on doing anything/anywhere that you might not have power, then the convection oven isn't much good, whereas a standard old oven works great anywhere.

craig

p.s. Dan/puredrifting, tell your dealer to quit fibbing, I've got a nice regular oven in my new 29fbhs

·
Outbackers Contributor
71 Posts
I'd go for the oven. Didn't have one before. We use it more than I thought we would. Have used it for potatoes, pizza, cinn. buns. Just my thoughts..

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts