Outbacker RV Forum banner

Dometic Fridge

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NDJollyMon 
#1 ·
Passing on some info:

If you read the fine print of your DOMETIC warranty...
It specifies your warranty may be void if you don't have your fridge serviced annually by an authorized DOMETIC service center.

Check the fine print if you want to keep everything in line with the rules!

#3 ·
I just checked on this when picking up my trailer for the squished duct problem. I was informed that it is $125 for the checkup. This is a big ripoff. If you do this at year 1 & 2 this is $250. If you bought the extended warranty for 3 years @ $295 then paid for service at years 3, 4, & 5 that is another $670 bucks. Total for the 6 years if you have the extended warranty and keep it up to date is $920 dollars. My Frig on RVoutlet.com is $875 and the cooling unit can be had for $300. ( new cooling unit and you basically have a new frig ) The check up includes checking the burner for soot and cleaning the burner jet it your flame is not a nice blue color. Check the gap on the electrode. The tech at the dealer told me it's about a 20minute job. Looks like I will let mine expire and maintain it myself. It's not a complicated appliance, they just need TLC.
Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.