Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went out last night to work on the bunk beds I found a small puddle of water by the fridge.
I cleaned it up and had bad thoughts about a possible leak through the fridge access door or the outside stove. I'd filled the tanks last week to check for leaks and to test to make sure the tanks didn't block off the furnace. I opened a cabinet and found one of my baking pans full of water. Seems the leak is coming from the sink drain. Its a weak design to let the pipe run unsupported, and of course the leak found the weak spot in the coupler. I've got to call the dealer to run in it, I could probably fix it myself but I think I'm going to ask them to brace the pipe as well since I can see the bouncing around causing this again. Not a big issue, glad I found it out now though.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hey y-guy, Thats the pipe that I rerouted along the back of the cabnets. When they repair it you may want to ask if they can do the same thing. It really opens and clears out the space for more pots and pans. It might be worth asking about, kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kirk I remember reading about your mod, had you taken any photos of the under sink rerouting? I may opt to fix the line myself to regain that space too. Go figure why they didn't do it start with.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Yes there are pic's posted. If I remember correctly I had to cut the section of wood between the cabnets that supports the pipe in order to get the new one in. All the parts were at the local hardware store but it took a little time and playing to come up with the right combo. I ended up replacing all the fittings from the sink to the wall, don't forget to reinstall the autovent other wise you will have grey water stink on the inside and it won't drain properly. It didn't take much time once I had all the parts and really opens up both under sink cabnets for more storage and you have the peice of mind that it's safer against future breakage because the pipe is now along the back wall out of the way.. Good luck kirk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts