Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been out twice this year. Both times once I returned my black water was about half full - note I do not just mean it _read_ half full. If I open the valve it gushes out. The drain indicator reads empty after dumping, but not once I reach home. What I think is happening is that when I drain the tank the trailer is tilted towards the dump station. This seems to do a good job with gray water but not for black. Anyone else notice that their blank tank stays about half full if the 21RS is not level when dumping?

Ed

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I know sometimes mine doesn't always empty completely also. In my case I attribute it to the sewer connection sticking up out of the ground and there isn't enough pitch for a good flow. I find when there is a good amount of pitch and the tank is nice and full it drains much better.My solution for when it doesn't empty all the way is to use a flush king and a wand that I can attach to the sink.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have that problem also with the 21RS. I dumped for the first time and thought the tanks were empty when the flow stopped but I noticed a slight odor when I used it this past weekend. When I dumped yesterday I tilted the trailer towards the dump station to see if that would help but that did not. I guess it has to be completely level to empty correctly but I am not sure. Even if you flush it with fresh water and it doesn't drain all the way I don't know how you can empty 100% and clear out all the contents. Maybe someone out there has some tips on emptying???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I think that the black water would empty best with the trailer tiltled _slightly_ away from the drain...

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts