Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, never been there, so you folks that have will have to jump in here. Where in PA would everyone like to go?

Central to Eastern PA would be best for us, but it is not a trip breaker, if you know what I mean.

Tim

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well, we are in Indiana but we (okay, mainly me) have been wanting to get up in the PA area so this just may be the reason to get it done. I will keep an eye on this post with the hope that I will be able to attend and meet you kind folks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Anybody for Poconos?
They are east coast.

We have never been but have heard lots of great stuff.

How about Keen Lake campground, right on 90 acre lake. Has full hookups.

www.keenlake.com

I dont know what the $$ is.

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Hey Guys, We generally camp in the "Amish Region" PA. Lancaster, New Holland, beautiful scenery, great shops, nice folks,(once your out of Jersey everyone seems nice anyway)! Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anywhere in PA would work for us...we've never camped in PA but my employer is relocating us to Northern New Jersey so we are willing to check it out.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Thanks Tim for stepping in,

I was thinking somewhere along the I-80 or I-78 corridor. We really like Otter Lake in Marshall's Creek http://www.otterlake.com/ which is just over the border in Pa from NJ off of route 80. The only problem is the 5 night minimum from late june thru august. If august is the time, that won't work.

Keen Lake looks really nice

We've stayed in triplebrook http://www.triplebrook.com/index2.htm which is in Hope, NJ off of rt 80. Great family pool, adult pool and jacuzzi and fishing pond.

Like Brian mentioned, Lancaster is very nice.

We've stayed in Robin Hill http://www.robinhillcamping.com/ They have a beautiful setting with a fishing pond. It was late in the season when we were there so I don't know what the pool is like. It is right off of rt. 78

Appalachian campsites http://www.appalachiancampsites.com/ has a cool mini golf, nice pool, frog pond, fishing pond and a little restaurant. We're going here for mother's day in three weeks, they seem to always have something going on there for the kids, etc.

I don't know about any others further west in Pa, or if any of these are appealing to you all, but we'll venture somewhere else if something looks good.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey folks, Mike the appalachiancampsites looks great. I see they have rally sites with w/e/s/c at a discounted rate for a group like us. Thanks Tim for taking the bull by horns on this. Let's keep the momentum going and make this happen sunny

Gary

·
Registered
48 Posts
PA or NJ works for us as well. We are new to this and can't suggest any sites but are looking forward to adding them to our list of favorites.

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like we have our work cut out for us in chosing. Mike, looks like you have done a good bit of research on this. I will look your suggestions over tonight, as I have to go out and finish staining the deck, and a few other "honey-do's" otherwise, I'll never get to use the Outback this year. Gotta take advandage of this great weather.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
71 Posts
It all sounds great. The Appalachian Campsites would work best for us, but could most likely do any that Mike mentioned. Thanks Mike and Tim.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appalachian Campsites looks nice. Mike, you'll have to give us a report after Mother's Day.
How soon would we have to reserve Ralley sites?, and what is the difference between a ralley site, and a standard full hook up?

I didn't check out Triple Brook or Otter Lake yet, but Robinhill also looks nice.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I'll check out rates, etc. when we are there in a few weeks. We've stayed there before, in fact it was the first campground we stayed at when we started camping again 3 seasons ago. Kind of a sentimental favorite of ours.

Mom didn't really want to go this year. I promised a better trip than last year's mother's day trip, bad sway with our previous trailer (too big) almost caused an accident. Kind of put a damper on the whole weekend.

But the OUTBACK promises a great mother's day weekend

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike,

How was the Appalachian campground? Did you still go for mothers day?

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Hey Tim,

We went this past weekend as the girls went to a baseball game on the Friday before Mother's Day. The campground is very nice, lot's to do, they have the field for rallies, depends on how many people we can get together if we can use it. I'll post the info later since I'm at work and don't have it here.

Cabela's has a great store about 10 minutes away. We spent part of the day there checking out all the gear and the awesome stuffed game displays.

Sorry for not posting sooner, my head is spinning from all the things we have going on at home and work. I'll get the info on the campground up soon.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for not posting sooner, my head is spinning from all the things we have going on at home and work.
No worries. I know exactly how it gets. Got about 5 home improvements projects going on.....actually, just one, that is leading to all the others. I actually had to get a building permit extended 6 months because of unforeseen delays.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Got this response from Appalachian Campsites

Thank you for your interest in Appalachian Campsites.
Our rally sites ate $35.00 per night for two adults and two children.
We do have sites available in August. please let me know the dates you are
considering.
Have a great day.
Have a great day.'Sylvia Cox
www.appalachiancampsites.com
800-424-5746 Reservations
2004 Go Rving Park

If everyone can put up what weekend in august would be best, we can get the sites reserved. I'm thinking one of the last weeks in august would work best for us.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We're just the opposite. Early to Mid August would be better. I can see this is going to be fun just picking a date.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I gotta check the master calendar at home tonight and I'll post back. We're away a week somewhere in august and I'm not sure which one.

We'll just have to pick the date that most can make.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds good. My wife has a class that she needs to take sometime towards the end of the month, so I will find out the exact dates on that also.

Tim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts