Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 21RS outback travel trailer. The hot water heater does not work in the electric mode. The 12v relay that connects the AC voltage to the heater element operates correctly. The problem is that there is no AC voltage to connect to the element. There is voltage at the output side of the breaker but not at the element. I disconnected the lead from the breaker and used an ohm meter to measure continuity to the AC connection on the relay. It is open, no continuity.

It appears there must be a cutoff switch between the breaker and the heater, but I have been unable to find one. If anyone knows if there is a cutoff switch on this model trailer and where I might find it, I would be eternally grateful for the information.

Any suggestions you might have regarding this problem would be appreciated.

Bill Moon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 221umd model and it has two switches for the hot water heater. One is at the heater itself and the other is on the control panel with all of the other switches. Maybe you have another switch somewhere?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Look for a 110v switch for the element around or behind the component in the lower left corner. It's a safety feature to keep from accidentally turning on the element when the tank is empty. Disregard the arrow. It was for a different post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts