Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Like I've said in previous posts, having a TT is new to us.
We have insurance on our camper but that's it. Should we have additional road service? I got some info. from Good Sam RV today about having Road Service. It is $79.95. It looks like a good deal, but I really need your all's advice. Just not sure what to do.

Thanks!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
GM before you leap do some looking. Good Sam's is one option, but check with your insurance company too. We opted to skip our insurance company for our house and cars and went with RV Alliance America, a specific RV policy. Ran around $300 for the year but came with road side assistance etc. Plus if the tow vehicle dies they will also to the trailer, many auto road side policies won't cover that. Plus with RV alliance if each year we don't have a claim our deducible reduces, and they cover the trailer for full replacement value, they don't adjust based on the book value. As for other road side options, AAA now has an RV policy too. Compare the coverages of the policies and see what works best for you.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
We have AAA RV Plus. I forget all that it covers, but seemed to be good coverage for a reasonable price.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Mom,

We also added the RV option to our AAA membership. It was only an extra $20 or $30. Will tow TV and TT up to 100 miles in the event of problems. I don't think there's any insurance coverage with it.

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I have AAA basic, and there is no RV Plus here either.
I checked CW and GS, both are by AFFINITY ROAD & TRAVEL.
Both services are $79.95 to start.

GS seems to have more to offer for that price, as it covers ALL FAMILY MEMBERS, where as CW only covers spouse. GS also has travel delay coverage. EMS assistance, and covers you in Mexico. CW doesn't.

I wonder what the price is after the first year? Anyone know? I'm sure this $79.95 is a promotional price.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
We insure our cars, home, and 26 RS with USAA. Additional cost to add the 26 RS to insurance is $92 every 6 months for a $250 deductible ($78 for $500 deductible). That includes towing the RV should we become stranded, or if I back into a tree.

With USAA, we have comp and collision on the trailer, just like the vehicles. When we need help, one number to call, and they take care of getting us rescued. Hopefully we'll never need their services!

Randy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also something important to remember--if you put your TT on your auto insurance then any problem like water leak damage or such that you need insurance to take care of will jack up your auto rates too. We thought it was much better to get separate insurance (RV America) so if we have a problem with the trailer it doesn't effect our cars rates to. The price is comparable and also has more RV specific items thab standard car insurance. Something to think about...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Splash Mountainers said:
Also something important to remember--if you put your TT on your auto insurance then any problem like water leak damage or such that you need insurance to take care of will jack up your auto rates too.
Unless CA does something weird....

They can't do that.
It's against the law...

Your rates are not affected by comprehensive damages. The only way your rates can be affected is if you are at fault.

(pssst... my sister is an agent for large company and I use to be a Rep.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts