Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news for all you folks, but...

Just figured I would spread the word to those folks that own 2000-2002 Excursions with Steeltex A/T 265/75-16 Load Range D tires, it's time to get them swapped out. I got a note in the mail from Bridgestone/Firestone that they don't want them on my vehicle anymore and will pay to replace all 5. A quick visit to my local factory-owned Firestone shop to confirm and I've got a new set of Bridgestone Revo's on order, should be in this week. I paid an extra $20/tire for the Revo's since I hear that the wet and snow performance is better on those than the Steeltexs.

The fellow at the Firestone dealer told me that, as far as they knew, there was no defect with the tire. The problem was that they are Load Range D and Firestone now thinks that Load Range E are the way to go for Excursions. So they will replace them with Load Range E Steeltex or Duravis M77311s for free. The strong implication was "It's Ford's fault, but we are making it right." But you know how that sort of thing goes...

Anyway, figured all you Excursion guys would want to know.

Chet.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I've read good reviews of the revo's. Definitely worth the extra 20 per tire. We have firestones on our van at work, they wear like iron, but don't have much wet or snow traction.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts