Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Just wanted you-all to know about our first trip out. Had a wonderful time. No problems. Well no real problems... (the blinds on the queen bunk almost ended up sleeping outside if you know what I mean). Drove us crazy both nights, may change them to shades. Great time creating memories. Kids were great. Lookin forward to next trip. Love the 21RS. It did everything it was supposed to and looked good doin it! Hope all is well? Brian

·
Registered
59 Posts
Brian, Congrats on your new trailer. We p/u ours Saturday and slept over at the dealer Sat night then drove 5 hrs home the next day.

Re; mini blinds. Does anyone know if the blinds on the back window overlooking the queen bed are supposed to be short. Ours don't go all the way to the bottom of the window and my husband thought it might be because of the emergency exit. That they may have to be short enough to display the EXIT.

I would hate to think that we got 'short' changed here

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
hi kampinit, I do believe you are correct because our is short as well. I thought the same thing so you can have easy access in case of emergency, also on ours that blind does not have clips to hold it down. Kirk sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Our blinds go all the way down below the window. If you want them I'd be more than happy to send them to you, then again I think most Outback owners will make that same offer. I'm going by Lowe's tomorrow to pick up a 4' shade to go in its place, I can't stand the clanking during the night. Maybe by shortening them they were trying to reduce the clanking sound.

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Its amazing how loud that blind can be in the middle of the night when it gets wrapped around me like. I HATE those blinds!! We have the 23 RS and use the front queen for our bedroom becasue I am too tall for the slideout. Nonetheless, I still have the same problem with the on at my head.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Hee hee...
Maybe KEYSTONE will listen to the masses, and next years model will have shades. They must have been listening about:

Water heater electric switch
Pantry drawers
Dinette seat access door
Reversing door below oven
Etc...

Because they changed them all from 2003 to the 2004 models. These were all common complaints on different forums. I probably forgot a few.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Actually our '04 dinette has a drawer instead of just a door.

after dealing with doors on the Coleman it will be one of those nice upgrades.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Even better.
I don't think there's anything in that space in mine, because it's a pain to get the stuff out. Everytime I need something, someone is sitting there. (just like the pop-up!)

·
Registered
366 Posts
You could probably install a drawer pretty easy...

I did not like having to dig around under the benches in the Utah ....can't wait to have it slide right out to me in the Outback

countdown continues... 'bout 15 hours to blast off

Got the Expedition all shined ready to go get the Outback and bring it home. sunny

·
Registered
59 Posts
Y-Guy, you are funny re; mailing me your blinds. We don't want them. They are too noisy. We will join the rest of you, and get shades. Don't know what they were thinking when they put those in.

lisa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts