Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a 2018 240urs for a couple years now. My fiance and I have really used it a lot. I noticed the vinyl floor was developing wrinkles where both the rear and front wheel of my heavy motorcycle contacted the floor. To be clear the subfloor was unharmed, just the vinyl floor covering. I paid a visit to a friend's heavy duty truck body shop. Measured the wall under the window in the garage and also the line from the ramp to this. He cut me two pieces of diamond plate steel and I screwed them down in basically a T on the garage floor. Now both wheels contact steel and no damage to the floor covering. I haul an Electra Glide Ultra Classic that weighs almost 900#. BTW this trailer has served us well from our home base to locales all over the lower 48.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My ultra classic has traveled in many states tied in my 240urs. You have to turn the front wheel right but it will go and leave you maybe 6 inches clearance to the ramp when closed. I hope you have the ramp extension and metal stands for yours. Attached a pic of mine tied down in the garage and two little kids climbing on it. Last year we went to Florida twice, Grand Canyon in May and Sturgis in August.
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Helmet Automotive design

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts