Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Based on some of the posts here, I bought a Flush King to help keep the tanks clean. It does an excellent job. However while using mine, I found it was very easy for it to turn loose, and start to leak. Granted, I was putzing around with the sewer hose, which exacerbated this problem, but I needed to do that since the campground sewer pipe was somewhat "uphill" from the connection on the Outback.

Have others seen this? Any suggestions on how to make it fit tighter? I bought the Flush King new at Camping World, and it seems fine. Just curious if anyone else had these issues. Thanks,

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Jim mine is very tight. Is yours still loose once you get the teeth locked in place? On mine the clear plastic part has a small black washer that makes a tight seal when its locked in place. Does yours have that as well?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dand & Y-Guy,

I've got the black washer, but the teeth barely lock onto the studs on the TT pipe. The teeth on the Flush King are slightly larger in diameter, so it pops off pretty easily. Any movement of the sewer hose, and the whole thing comes tumbling down, which is NOT a pretty sight. Or smell for that matter.

All my other sewer hoses connect very securely to the TT pipe, so perhaps I've got a bad Flush King? I really want this to work, since it does a great job of cleaning the tanks. Maybe I can jimmy (I can say that since it's my name!) rig it with a large clamp.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Mine clips on not very tight, almost a little loose. Not to the point where it can be knocked loose though and it doesn't leak. Maybe you should return it and try another one.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
If you're anywhere near CW I'd take it back and compare it to another one or contact Flush King Directly. Something sounds like its built wrong. To the teeth wrap around the nodules when its installed?

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I was just sayin' today...at the dumpstation:

"I gotta get one of those clear plastic things so I can see the flow!"

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jim,

Just to throw my vote in, I haven't had any leaking issues with mine. Of course, I've only used it twice... I haven't gotten a good chance to break it yet.

Chet.

·
Outbackers Contributor
71 Posts
I'll throw my two cents in also. I haven't had a problem with it leaking, it seems tight. I didn't check to make sure the sewer house was on well enough on the other end once, won't make that mistake again.

G

·
Jim,

I haven't had any problems with mine. Fits tight, works great.

When you write that the "teeth" are larger in diameter than the "studs", do you mean the fitting diameter is larger than the TT's outlet pipe? If so, then the Flush King definitely has to go back. I don't know if they make them in different sizes, but you need a standard 3" RV system fitting size. I'd let the manufacturer know what's going on, and let them make it right. Just my humble opinion, but I think they should fix it.

Happy camping,

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts