Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 28BHS and my friend has the 28RSS and both of us has had the same problem of getting the wieght distribution chain brackets to fit in the slots were the cover will fit on without having to cut it. As of now when we tow the campers we are putting the covers in the campers, and putting them on when we are done. However we have already decided we must cut these to make them fit. Have not heard anyone else discuss this and was afraid we were doing something wrong maybe in the positioning of these brackets. Someone please let us know before we cut these covers to fit. Thanks

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Do you have the 2004 model? I own the 26 RS, and have no issue with the placement of the w/d hitch chain brackets and the propane cover. I'm sure one of the guys on the forum with your model can take a picture and send it to you.

It doesn't make sense that you should have to cut your cover to make it work.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I have an Equa-li-zer hitch and it fits just fine on my 2004 unit. What WDH are you using? My dealer did indicate before he knew which hitch I have that they have had to cut a few to make them fit. Sounded like when they did they reinforced the area around the cut so it wouldn't break, but I'm not sure how or with what.

·
Registered
630 Posts
What type of hitch setup are you using. I have the Reese HP dual cam setup on my 28rss and they made no modifications to the cover.

I have some pictures of my setup that I took for someone on rv.net. I would be happy to share them if you like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I have the reese w/d with the reese dual cam sway control, as does my friend with the 28RSS his is a 2003 model and mine the 28BHS that is a 2004. What is going on is there are already slots toward the middle of the cover on both sides that looks as if it is were the brackets should be, however with ours the brackets are toward the frontof the the grooves that are precut. If anyone has pictures of there setup please E-Mail me at [email protected] Thanks again for your help.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hi Gotgod, I had to trim my cover to get it to fit. I only had to cut about 2 inches from the inside lip on the tounge end. It doesn't seem to make it any weaker or affect the little straps and it doesn't look any different, so I don't worry about it. Good luck

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
I too have the Reese dual cam and 28BHS. My dealer installed them and the brackets are pretty much right in the middle of the opening slot in the bottom of the cover. One side touches a little but no biggie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts