Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Fort Worth RV show on Jan. 25th and saw the '04 OutBacks. the front storage door on the 21RS is far more solid than the '03's which is what I have. Can that new door be installed on the '03 model without too much trouble. And does anyone know approx. cost of the door assy. Thanks in advance.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hi if you can tell me what size it is I may have one. The one I removed when I put in the generator measures 12 x 24 measured from the inside flange. It is kind of tanish/gray with rounded white frame out of a 2004 25rss. It is just laying around my garage so let me know.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kirk,
Thanks for the response. The door I'm in question about is much larger than that.(approx. 24wX42h) It's one of those you could roll bicycles through if the bottom bunk were folded up out of the way. Thanks and happy travels.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I saw one in a campground this past fall. That new front bike door looks nice. I'm pretty sure one would fit into a 2003. I would not think they would change the aluminum frame as it fits right in between two studs. I have to go back to the dealer for a bearing repack in the spring, I may ask about it. Who knows, since mine leaked, maybe I can get it changed out or at least find out how much one would cost.

Anybody's plastic wheel well skirts crack? one of mine has a very small crack by one of the screws, looks like it was overtightened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts