Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I found a repo unit a 2002 26Rs model asking price 12900

Is this a good price?

Also for whatever reason the person, or dealer, as its a repo and the sales guy didnt know, someone installed a second ac above the bunks (where Im assuming a skylight went) The trailer has ducted Ac already??? Is this something anyone has seen before? 26ft trailer is kinda small to be installing another unit.Grant it, it gets hot here in Oklahoma and texas... Sales guy says its the same unit as in the back a carrier but is separatley controled?

Handt personally inspected the unit yet, but he sent me pics, it looks nice...

Welcome any responses.

Matt

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
We paid just over $16,000 for our 2004 26RS, brand new from the factory.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
We paid $16,500 out the door for our 2004 26 RS, including the w/d hitch and the goofy $299 dealer prep charge. The price you are quoted sounds OK. All depends on the condition I suppose. Check it out closely. Lots of new cool features on the 04's (I guess the '05s are out now), so be sure to compare the 02 to a new one to see what you would be giving up for the lower price.

Randy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that the 12900 is the asking price, I would hope he would move down a bit.
Not sure of the standard negotiations when dealing with a repo unit. I think the dealer probably bought it off the bank and so there should be a standard mark up system. I too agree that 2500 give or take wouldnt be enough to sway the purchase of a new one.

I would rather have the warranty and the newest line up for that little of a discount. My delema is gettining up into that range. I think we all go through it, if we can afford this why not go up to the next level for x amount more and so on, but trying to get the wheel to stop on something that doesnt sacrafice the pocket book, or the experience or the quality is the 64 dollar question.

I wish i could find out some better online pricing for the North Texas/ Oklahoma region so I could go armed to the dealers....Makes for a long drive when going a hour and a half each way just to walk through....Since we have a 5 month old.

I think I could spend the next few years just looking its a vicous cycle.

Matt

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
This info comes from the NADA.com site, go to O and you'll find the Outback by Lite-Way, its not under Keystone. I added the second A/C unit, but I used my zipcode and one from Amarillo, so running this on your zipcode would be a good idea.

OUTBACK BY LITE WAY
KEYSTONE R.V. COMPANY
THE FOLLOWING BOOK VALUES REFLECT A FULLY EQUIPPED UNIT. DO NOT ADD FOR OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT.
Model: M-26 RS
Length/Width: 26' x 8'
Axles: 2
Weight: 4,370
Self-Contained: YES
Low Retail: $11,060
Average Retail: $13,330
Optional Equipment
AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING
13,500 BTU (Non-Central/Non-Ducted): Low: $440 Avg.: $580
Totals
Total Low Retail: $11,500