Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are not going far about 10 miles one way. Should be leaving friday night and back on sunday in time for church at 5:00. We are headed out to a local park for a boy scout camporee, I refuse to sleep on the ground for these events
now if I could just figuire
out a way to get the outback on back packing trips I would be set. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Have a great trip, even 10 miles away is better than not camping.

Our Y Guides program does the not so roughing it camping too, very thankful as I've had my share of backpacking trips and I just don't care to sleep on the ground anymore. I spent 3 summers sleeping in the back of trailers on foam pads (saved me from setting up a tent) and I could keep an eye on the food!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well we are back, everything worked great on the ol' outback. The BSA troop took second place in two event and a grand prize for building a rope bridge
. Had a great time and showed off the TT to a lot of folks. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Congrats to the troop!!
Glad you had a good time.

Mike

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey Kirk,

Do you get a lot of grief from the other adults when you pull up to the camporee with a TT?

I used to be the Assistant Cubmaster for my son's pack and the only one who had anything other then a tent. I used to get a lot of grief from the other parents, which was mostly in the morning while they were working the kinks out from sleeping on the ground.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At first I did get a lot of flack but they are kind of use to it now. Also it helps if you bring the food and offer to use the TT as a place to cook. I was not the only TT, there had to be 4-5 other RV's including the one the head guy was staying in. Got to say we ate good b-b-q chicken, rice & veggies for dinner, blue berry pancakes & eggs one morning and french toast the next, cold cuts for lunch. I think I gained five pounds
,Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts