Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a couple of rips in the trailer cover a couple weeks ago and didn't think anything of it since it's been so windy. So I went out yesterday to fix them and found a hole in the front fiberglass skin and a dent in the corner molding
. Looks like the guy who removes the snow in the lot at work swung the backhoe around and the bucket swiped the trailer. The landlord said he would take care of the cost and the bodyshop at the end of the building said they could fix it, still upsetting though. I moved our work cargo trailer next to it and parked one of the trucks in front of it to protect it, wish I had thought of that a couple weeks ago
. At least it can be fixed.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woodtrailman,

I keep it in my driveway during the spring, summer and early fall and then move it to the lot where my business is located for the winter. Our driveway is one car wide and I want to get the truck in the garage for the winter. I'd rather have it in the back yard at home, but access is poor and our back yard isn't very big.

We lease space in an industrial building and I park it in the back lot covered up in one of our assigned spaces. There's no traffic other than tenants of the building and deliveries. Our landlord is great and let's us tenants park extra vehicles,trailers, etc. in the empty slots. I've got a storage container on one side, the back security fence in the rear and now our cargo trailer on the other side and a truck in front. They recently installed security cameras, so I feel comfortable having it there. We've been there for almost 6 years and noone has had any problems, until the backhoe came along.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Camping

Sounds like you have a cool landlord. Now i just hope someone catches those backhoe bandits.
They had to know they hit your camper with their bucket.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Outback finally went into the bodyshop for repairs yesterday (Friday). As of this morning, Tommy the bodyshop guy has the fiberglass patched up and pulled the dent out in the side molding. All that's left is to finish feathering in the patch and paint it up. I'll have it back on Monday, I'll repack the bearings, adjust the brakes and it's time to bring it home for the camping season

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts