Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anybody ever figured out why they use that funky little valve? Not only does it have that odd "two handed operation only" cap, but it sticks way down and is begging to be busted off...

Chet.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
The valve is about 2' from the side of the trailer, like Jim said its located in the center of the rear quater panel. If you kneel down you should see it. It will be a slow drain, if the tank is full plan on spending some time. I also open the hot water valve to drain as much as possible, and removing plug at the bottom of the water tank seems to help as well. I've never tested this, but seems that turning off the pump and leaving the hot and cold water valves helps a bit.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
chetlenox said:
Not only does it have that odd "two handed operation only" cap, but it sticks way down and is begging to be busted off...
I'm not sure what you are talking about
Mine has a simple plastic petcock that I can reach under and open with one hand. It only sticks out about 2" from the bottom too.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Yours has a petcock? The only way I have found to drain the fresh water tank on my 26RS is the low point drain, which is just a cap that unscrews. If there is a petcock somewhere under there, I've missed it.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts