Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

So, how do you get the power slide in manually? I looked under the coach the last time I was in the area and didn't see any screw or fitting to connect to. Also, I didn't receive any tool for this either. What to do if you have dead batterys or the motor dies?

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Jim, according to the book it says there is a nut which you can put a socket wrench on and manually retract without electrcally disconnectting the unit. But my manual does not match the slider unit and I contacted Lippert slides, they have not gotten back to me yet. If I hear back from them I will post what they say.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Drop the panel on the front of the sofa, and screw out the nut with a socket wrench. Doesn't look convienient.

·
Outbackers Contributor
90 Posts
They're right, there is a hex head all thread rod to do it manually from the front of the sofa (at least on a 25 rss). Our slide broke last summer. I went to put it in and nothing happened. Luckily I had a ratchet with an extension. Still took 15 minutes of lying on the floor to do it.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes! I'll have to locate mine and keep a cheapie XL socket extension in the rig with my tools. Thanks all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts