Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Hello All:

The electric slide on my 28BHS works just fine and has never blown a fuse so far. My question is should this thing be very noisy? Mine sounds kinda like an amplified RC car when in motion, with alot of motor noise. The sound level is about equivalent to the radio on half volume.

Is this normal for the rest of you? The only reason I ask is because I have read posts from other trailer owners who said their units are very quiet. One guy even said "If I wasn't looking at it I wouldn't know it was moving". Must be nice

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Jim mine isn't quiet enough not to be noticed, but sure doesn't seem that loud either. Its a low rumble, but for the few seconds it takes it doesn't bother me.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,877 Posts
Jim,

My slide is noisy and has a rough motion, it is not smooth, or quiet.

Do you know if they can be adjusted?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
In comparison...
My slide rolls in/out very smoothly, and is not loud. Just a humming noise, which is WAY LESS loud than the water pump.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here's my .02, the slide is a little rough sounding, doesnt' seem particularly smooth but no problems so far. As for the waterpump, not noisy at all, kind of the low hum you would expect. Go figure.

·
Outbackers Contributor
360 Posts
My slide and motor together are about as loud as an automobile starter. The slide was louder and shook some but the dealer added some lube and it seem to help quiet things down a bit. I hope the slide is not a problem as the trailer ages.

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Jim,

Our slide is both noisy and jerky I used sone protect all dry lube and that helped a little but it still is too loud for me. I would also like to know if there is some adjustment that could be made to help the slide work a little more smoothly.

Tom

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I wondered about the adjustment thing a while back and the manual say's if I remembr right you have to be certified to work on them otherwise you void the warrenty. I do like the lubing idea, did you just do the gear or what? kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Yep, I just sprayed the lube on the gears underneath the slide. It did help, also the more level the trailer, the better the slide works.

Tom sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

My slide out isn't bad. It only has a racheting sound when it is fully extended. I was told to listen for it to ensure the slide is fully extented.

Thor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts