Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2021 221umd and can’t figure out how to turn off the clock/radio/DVD player. It’s mounted right next to the bed and even with the power (on the DVD player) turned off the light is still on illuminating the time. It’s very annoying when you are trying to get to sleep. Is it possible to turn it off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not the first time I've had this happen. Take the head unit out and disassemble it to delete the CD, or just keep listening to that CD for the rest of your car time. A bad head unit is likely to blame if a CD won't come out. It's not a big deal to take the thing apart. It could be that there is a foreign object in the way. If this is the case, it should be easy to fix and reinstall the stereo. The head unit may not be as easy to fix if it's still under warranty. If it's a factory stereo, this may not be as simple as it sounds. In those situations, I would think about taking it back to the dealer or manufacturer for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up wiring a switch to the back of the unit (American Technology Components Single SPST On-Off Switch with Bezel, 12-Volt, for RV, Trailer, Camper (Black))
Old thread, so let me know if you need any pictures. They should have put a switch there to begin with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up wiring a switch to the back of the unit (American Technology Components Single SPST On-Off Switch with Bezel, 12-Volt, for RV, Trailer, Camper (Black))
Old thread, so let me know if you need any pictures. They should have put a switch there to begin with.
Thanks for the response. I did the exact same thing a few months ago and it works great. Poor design for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts