Outbacker RV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the new heads been holding up? I was also considering buying one of these untils I read this forum. I am also located in southern Ontario so I am wondering whay Jim P paid for his and where he purchased it???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have the new heads been holding up? I was also considering buying one of these untils I read this forum. I am also located in southern Ontario so I am wondering whay Jim P paid for his and where he purchased it???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
I'm on my third set of pressure discs and trunions. They seem to be holding up. It turned out that the dealer forgot to tell us about greasing the pressure discs and pins. I still don't know if I'm completely sold on that set up. I'm in Florida after a 24 hour trip from the Toronto area. The unit doesn't seem to be swaying but every once and a while it seems to kind of drift. If I didn't have so much money invested I would try something else. It was funny when I called the manufacturer about the problems they said that they were embarrassed that they forgot to call me. When I told the girl that I had heard that there were a few problems with this hitch, she asked me where I had heard that from. I told her that I read it on the net.

·
Outbackers Contributor
386 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new Husky Centerline hitch has just failed on me. The two discs that mount between the sway springs and the bar mounts both broke into pieces, on the road. No problem getting the parts replaced at a dealer who was local to the camp ground, at no cost. He was very helpful and sent me to a local garage to have them use the air gun to transfer over the new head. The dealer even took the broken head assembly, and told me that he would look after sending it back to Husky. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, and if so was it corrected as easily. One thing that concern me is that when I phoned our dealer on Friday evening, I didn't even get it all out of my mouth, and he finished my sentence, asking if the discs had broken. he told me that he has sold four Centerlines so far this year and this is the second that has failed that he is aware of, the other poor guy's broke in Georgia, no that big a deal unless your from Southern Ontario...

I'm wondering if this is a known problem with a flaw in the steel, and if so, if Husky will do a recall on the hitches.

I'm not looking to throw darts, because the local dealer fixed me up real fast under warrantee. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Luckily we were on a short weekend trip (1-2 hours travel time), but I wouldn't want to loose all sway control on a longer trip, especially with a bad cross wind.

Thanks

Jim
I just returned from 1st trip with new jayco lite 17 ft trailer I towed with Toyota hylander and newly installed Husky Centerline hitch . The noise that thing makes is horrible and loud let alone trying to load the BARS . You can have this whole system it’s a large pain in my ass .
It works but at what price to hook up . I finally found a way to take pressure off bars (on UTUBE) I’m no spring chicken . I’ll try it again when my dings and cuts heal from this last attempt

21 - 24 of 24 Posts