Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, me again,

I bought my 21rs and the dealer carries the Husky line of product for WD. He has recommanded me to go with the 550 + with standard friction sway control. Does anyone have opinion about this brand. I know that for the 5th wheelers, husky was not the best.

Thanks

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
I have the Husky WD Hitch and brake controller and so far so good!!

Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
IF your going with husky try to get the trunion bar type not the round bar type their a newer design and better, also I would go with the 800lb. model if its not that much more $. The extra security would make me feel better. Most guys will suggest the equlizer brand WD which is excellent, but if cost is a factor husky would be just fine. Have fun

Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
We pull an '04 26RS with our Ford conversion van. We have Husky everything: WD hitch, (800#) trunion bars, and (2) friction type sway control arms. We have had only pleasant towing experiences thus far! sunny

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm pulling a 28BHS with a Husky hitch and Trunnion bars (800-1000). Do I need to use the sway control too? Do you need to loosen the sway bar a lot to turn and then tighten up as you get on the highway again? I feel like I am the only one getting out and adjusting as I exit and enter the highway?

Help appreciated!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Hi Jimbo,

No need to loosen the friction sway control when you are off the highway. The directions recommend loosening it on icy or slippery pavement and when backing up. If you really jack the trailer around backing up, you could pinch and snap the bar.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts