Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekend before last, I was to get the new Prodigy installed and get my hitch reset to the new F250. It rained most of that weekend and I didn't get to accomplish those things. Last weekend, my step daughter got married, inlaws were in town for that and I didn't accomplish a thing. It was, however, a very nice wedding. All went well. Now this weekend, I'm obligated to help a friend cut down a bunch of dead oak trees on his property. That's not too bad because I will be loading up on free campfire wood. Also going to get the hitch reset this weekend NO MATTER WHAT because I realy, realy WANT TO GO CAMPING. Making reservations for next weekend so I'll have to be ready. I NEED to go camping. Just sounding off. Happy travels everyone.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
KJ, I know how you feel. We brought the new 26RS home on the 7th, and it hasn't moved since I unhooked. I can't even pull the rear queen slide because it is currently too close to the fence. Great weather this past weekend was spent staining the deck on the back of the house.

This weekend, I have to finish the staining, take my son to soccer, attend a funeral for a co-workers father, continue the post winter yard clean up, and somehow find time to play a round of golf with my father, de-winterize the Outback, and install the new Powervision mirrors on the Avalanche.

Then, and only then can I start to make plans for a weekend away. I too really need to go camping.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
And I thought I was the only one. Honey do's for the weekend, take daughter to softball game, go to Eagle Scout ceremony, Remove old swamp cooler and patch hole in wall, stain pool deck and clean pool, finish weeding yard. Kim did tell me to book a camp site for Memorial day weekend, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Kellerjames, congrats on the wedding

Tim, sorry to hear about your friends dad.

Yard cleanup is done (75x125 lot), paving stone patio (no staining) vinyl siding (no painting), membership at community poll across the street (no pool maintenance) and low maintenance landscaping. Property look's great and low maintenance. Besides, back surgery 3 years ago prevents me from doing too much heavy work
I try to get my projects done in the winter so summer is open. We've gotten down to minimum yard/house work so we could camp more. Only glitch is softball and orchetra which will end in june.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Been at a conference for much of the week so this weekend I'd hoped to go camping but the Honey-do list is staring at me so I'll probably skip camping this weekend
I really want to pull the Outback out and give it a good cleaning and install the MaxxAire covers that I bought a few weeks ago. Hopefully the weather will be decent.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Well, you can scratch two things off my list (golf with Dad, and mirror install). Tomorrow afternoon I think I will de-winterize, and finish the deck on Sunday. This is my last weekend off for the next 3, so camping is still at least a month away
, but at least I'll get some driveway camping in to evaluate all systems.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
When you are ALL done with your chores, I have some more for you to do here. I am getting ready for my LAST (KIDS) GRADUATION PARTY!

YAAAAHOOOOOOOO!

Kids...their cute when their little, but....

It's my party...I'll cry if I want to. NOT!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Well j-man congats on the last graduation. Now the fun part college, we are not looking forward to that $$$$$, my oldest graduates next year and is already looking. I have a way to go but soon it will be one down and two to go over the next five years. Again congratulations, Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Congratulations Pete,

They seem to grow up so fast.

Check out the signature, twins, two in college at once, ouch!! Have a few years to save yet. Wouldn't trade them for anything though.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hey mike ,I don't know which is more money college or Insurance for driving? I have been comparing insurance companies rates and have prices ranging from 1400.00 every six months to 900.00, Guess which we are going to go with. All three kids are two years apart, so i feel like its the old one, two, three strikes your out routine. We do require them to pay for half before they get their drivers license. But to have twins and double everything, you may need a second job. Kirk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got (or made) the opportunity to pull the Outback with the new F250 on Sunday afternoon. What a difference from the F150. With the 150, the 'bucking' from highway dips and such felt like we were training for a PBR event. While I think some bucking is inherent with pulling travel trailers, it was GREATLY reduced in the 250. FAR more solid feel. I could actually accellerate going uphill with a stiff breeze without having to go over 3000 RPMs. Mostly stayed around 2000 RPMs between 65 and 70 mph. I feel MUCH safer now and that's almost priceless.

I installed the prodigy (super easy) and found an area to get it set to what I hope is proper. I found that I'm comfortable with the power dial set at 9 with the first stage of boost on. I will probably turn the boost off on wet roads though. A lot more difference than I thought there would be between the bottom of the line brake control that the 150 had and the Prodigy in the 250. Also reset the hitch. It felt much, much better towing with the new 'rig' so I think I got it right.

I am one thrilled camper that can't wait to go camping. COME ON WEEKEND.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Kirk,

New family policy;

No dating or driving until the age of 25

We've got our fingers crossed for scholarships
don't know for what yet, but we're hopeful.

Don't have time for a second job, owning my own business takes too much time.

Having the kids pay half on car insurance is a great idea.

Mike

·
Registered
279 Posts
JollyMon,
Haven't acctually done the math yet for the exact figures, but the mileage is NOTICABLY less than the old truck. Since we work opposite shifts, my wife and I both take my V6 F150 to work in an effort to cut some of the gas budget. Now if only the OIL PRODUCERS would help out too. That would be nice. Not gonna' happen though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts