Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well I finally did it. For over a year I’ve been showering in the 18 inch standing room the standard Outback “step tub” gives you for showering. No more! I just replaced the tub with a 24” x 36” shower pan and it’s wonderful.

My Shower!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Nice, don't like the step, but the wheel well is in the way.

Maybe if I remove one wheel on that side of the trailer I could then flatten the floor and............................

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Very nice, would love to do something like that but it would be a knock down drag out fight with my wife and daughter. Thats one of the things both of them liked, the first words out of their mouth was, " we can sit down to shave". I kind of like a warm body next to me at night, not worth the fight but very cool. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Dave that's a great Mod! Looks very factory too (big plus in my book). We have the skylight and since I'm not that tall I fit, but I sure hat stepping over the edge all the time, but with 2 kids I think I'll stick with the tub for now.

For that you get the near infamous....

Outbackers Mod of the Moment Award

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Y-guy, that avatar is the best yet, to cool a dancing y-guy
. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Y-Guy

Cool award and great idea. Maybe there should a Mod of the Year Award

1st could be some serious $$ for more mods...do they ever end..they are becoming like a bad drug habbit that cannot be shaken.

Maybe 1st prise could be as simple as bragging rights

Thor

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
" we can sit down to shave"
I don't know guys, any of you like to sit while shaving?
Just kidding ladies, would'nt want to start a battle of the sexes

I need to side with Steve on this one. With a 3 year old, and a 5 year old, the tub is a nice feature.

Tim

G

·
Dave,
Too cool, very well done!! My wheel well is in the way, too. That and the fact that the wife and grandkids like that little step tub thingy prevent me from doing the same thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my kids are to old to come with us anymore and the grandkids are 2000 miles away. So, for us, it doesn’t matter. Enjoy your kids while you can even if you don’t quite fit in the tub. They are worth it.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Nice mod.

Everyone is coming up with some really great ideas! Keep them coming, and thanks for posting them. It is really nice to see the pictures!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Vern, I think you can get them at any home depot or lowes. Better check with Daverl for all other details. Kirk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've never seen RV parts at Lowe's - at least in my area. I replace my tub with one of the same manufacturer and it had to fit in the same space. Outbacks use tubs made by Duo-Form. You can order them from RV dealers but they really want to soak you.
I ordered mine from RV Parts Outlet in OR. Great price fast delivery.

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Dave thanks for the info on the parts and the tips you gave me. I have all of my order information together and will order mine tomorrow. After that a custom dinette mod and who knows what else next. (Custom Exterior Gel Coat Job
)

Vern

1 - 15 of 15 Posts