Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First half of the post is in another forum....

But my mod question is

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Second Ac installed above bunk house

For whatever reason the person, or dealer, as its a repo and the sales guy didnt know, someone installed a second ac above the bunks (where Im assuming a skylight went) The trailer has ducted Ac already??? Is this something anyone has seen before? 26ft trailer is kinda small to be installing another unit.Grant it, it gets hot here in Oklahoma and texas... Sales guy says its the same unit as in the back a carrier but is separatley controled?

Handt personally inspected the unit yet, but he sent me pics, it looks nice...

Thanks Matt

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
First off welcome to the forum action , I haven't heard of anyone that has a second A/C on their outback but I don't have a 26RS. Seems like it would be a plus to have expecally if it 's already installed. I think you asked in the other forum if 12900.00 was a good price for a 2002 26RS. Is this the asking price and is it negotible? Maybe some of the other 26R owners can give you an idea what they paid. good luck. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Seems like major overkill. I think upgrading the A/C to a larger one would have done the trick. I think the standard Outbacks come with a 13,500BTU and a 15,000 is an option. But hey if it works go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts