Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slept in my brother in laws new SALEM travel trailer for 3 nights while visiting him over the EASTER holiday. (on his driveway)

All was well, until about 3 am. on the last night. I awoke to a cold trailer, and jumped up to check the thermometer. It was 40 degrees in there!

I checked the thermostat, and made a cold trip out to the propane tanks. Upon lifting off the cover, I discovered only one tank turned on. I rememdied the problem, and got back to bed quickly after resetting the thermostat.

Hope the neighbors didn't see me prancing around in my skivies!

Oh, did I mention it was a brisk 28 degrees and snowing?

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Ok, to much information. Lets see, skivies, 28 degrees, and little things shy shy ???

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must have been peeking!

It must have been shrinkage due to the cold weather....nevermind. shy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
LMAO!!!

So other than being cold how was the Salem? Co-worker just bought one of those too. Heading out of the lot they applied the brakes and they locked up solid, dealer had to come and pull it back to the lot and fix the brakes.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a very nice unit. It's much bigger than mine. (that just don't sound right!)
Very heavy to tow, and for a unit that size, it should have bunks. Nice sofa/dinette slide, and it came with a FANTASTIC FAN in the bath. Much better sound system than the OUTBACKS too. It has aluminum skin (already dented), and is really high off the ground. He has already found the tow vehicle is struggling to move it because of it's weight. I have since schooled him on the importance of TOWING SAFETY. Hope he listens!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts