Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Thanks Jim,

Thanks for passing that along.

I maybe one of the few cynics of JD Powers, but it seems they have an award for everything. Seems like it used to be the best Truck of the Year, now its best red truck that we like this month, then again its hard to distinguish some of the true comparison companies and which are just into endorsing everyone. About the only group I still respect is Consumer Reports, and even then I wonder some times.

I welcome any private evaluation of the RV Industry, its severely lacking now. The only source that is available is pretty expensive to join. So me, like many others, go on gut feeling and internet comments in hopes of getting a good camper and good support. After all the roof issues with the Coleman/Fleetwood PopUps I wonder how they will fare in this type of survey.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have my suspicions about the unbiased (or over-hyped) nature of organizations like JD Power and Consumers Reports. But, unfortunately, they're the only game in town. Maybe if the RV manufacturers know they're being rated they might step up to the plate a bit more. That's the concept anyway...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts