Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Mother's day to all you moms.
May 21 1:30pm WE will be official OUTBACKERS!!!!!!!!
ON the rear slide what is width & hight of the emerg. escape window?
Was hoping a kayak could slide through the opening & travel down the road safely .

Thanks.
Snowman

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
That's a good idea, the window size on a 25rss is 24 wide by 19 tall and it looks like it has a hinge on top, I think all the rear escape windows are the same size. Once you slide it in how are you going to support the front? hope this help kirk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kirk I was thinking on wedging it at the bathroom wall, inflatable raft (kids) & towels.
Length of kayak is 16' & weight 78lbs.
THanks for your help

Snowman

·
Outbackers Contributor
969 Posts
Curious as to why you don't carry the kayak on your TV. We have caried ours on our TV for three or four years now, mainly cause the campsite is seldom if ever that close to the h20.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure what your tow vehicle is, your signature does not say. We tow with a long bed pick-up. I built a 8 by 8 1/2 foot deck for the truck and with some built racks I carry a canoe, a kayak, 2 bikes and a kid trailer or the boats and a quad and the two bikes, or just two quads and some fuel. I installed a "rolling bed" under the deck (it supports 3000lbs fully extended) in which I carry the generator, fire wood, life vest, ... etc. The system works very well.

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts