Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver side rear axle leaf springs broke on me this weekend. 2 leafs broke driving over a really bad stretch of road close to my house. I did make it home and upon inspection discovered that the first shorter leaf had broke a few years ago. ( I guess I am to blame... should check more than tire pressure and grease). We don't travel as much as we used to so a full upgrade with high-end equalizer and wet bolts may not be worth it, but how about adding an extra leaf or installing them above the axle to get the plumbing off the ground. Does anyone have any advise as to what would be value added it I am in there changing stuff.
The new leaf set a got is rated at 1500 lbs. does that sound right? Seeing that the trailer is 16 yrs old, would it be wise to change all leaf springs, shackles and bolts?
thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 2013 230RS came with the Equa-Flex equalizer set up and has been solid. I would just replace what’s broken but I’m sure you’ll get a different answer if you ask someone else. Some people just replace it all when one breaks as a precaution. Seems odd the new set only states 1500lbs but I'm not an expert In that field by any means.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts