Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JimBo said:
Has anyone used the Leisure Mat? Sounds good in the camping world magazine but it's not cheap at $79.99 +$9.50 shipping. Sounds like it lets water and dirt fall thru yet it folds up small.
Jimbo,

We picked up two 9x12 mats from http://www.rvawningmats.com/ at the time they had them on sale for $44 each, I see on ebay (search awning mat) they are asking $51. Still a decent deal and a good mat, very glad we bought them and very easy to clean too. Doubt I'd go back to using astro turf again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks all for the Mat and Battery ideas! I love this site!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Y...
I need a new rug. How are these any different than the regular astro turf? Are they thicker? Water flow through them?

These ideas are killing my checkbook! My wife thought I was crazy to spend $40 to label my light switches!
I did anyway! Still haven't made the labels though. My list of mods is quite lengthy. I'll have to fetch my trailer from storage soon!

Can I claim you on my taxes?

·
Registered
59 Posts
We just bought leisure mat, 9 x 12, at camping world for $53.00. This is a very good price. $44 is outstanding price.

We went to the beach over Easter break and some friends had one. I spilled salsa on it, wiped it up with a paper towel and you couldn't tell I even spilled. They are light weight, made of some kind of synthetic straw matrial I think. Very durable and nothing sticks to it. They also look very nice. Folds up into a small blanket size shape nice and flat. I would recommend over the astrp turf stuff as it is lighter and more compact.

lisa

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

Mats are great. I just bought some premium outdoor carpet. I got the colour I wanted and it was an end of roll. I got 2 pieces 9'x12' for $45.

They roll up, fold up and clean up with ease.

Sure keeps the dirt out.

Thor

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NDJollyMon said:
Y...
I need a new rug. How are these any different than the regular astro turf? Are they thicker? Water flow through them?

These ideas are killing my checkbook! My wife thought I was crazy to spend $40 to label my light switches!
I did anyway! Still haven't made the labels though. My list of mods is quite lengthy. I'll have to fetch my trailer from storage soon!

Can I claim you on my taxes?
What I liked about the mats was that they do drain the water through, though I've never been to a CG that wouldn't allow astro turf I understand why some do ban it since it kills the grass. The mats also swept off very easy since they run in lines, so a quick broom had them clean. Once I got home I laid them on the drive way and had them cleaned off in minutes. The astro turf seem to take foreve to clean and then to dry off. These mats just fold up into compact mats, or you could probably fold then roll them up. I stored mine just inside the back door under the rear queen slide.

As for the taxes, only if I can claim my two dogs... which I really needed to this year. I think I paid for 1/2 the war in Iraq on my own

1 - 7 of 7 Posts