Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. On my pop-up camper that I just traded in, I had an aluminium ramp that I used to use to level the camper from side to side. When you level a dual axel rv like the 28BHS, will I have to purchase another ramp to put under both of the tires so that both tires rise up at the same time? How do the rest of you level the rv. It has been my experience at most of the National Parks the we visit, that the sites are rarely level and need some leveling.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Hey Mac,

I use a highly technical leveling system. I use 1, 2, or even 3 2x6 boards that are just long enough for both tires to fit on. I stack them to form a ramp and then either back or pull the trailer onto them. I keep a level in the camper that I place on the camper floor during the leveling process.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
You'll need to level both tires, the 2x6 or 2x8 boards work for some, we use the Lynx Levelers for ours. Ramps may not work unless there is enough room between the two wheels, check it out before you buy a second set.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
My method is slightly more technical than Randy's, but not by much.
I've got sets of 2x6's and 3/4 inch plywood screwed together in varying thicknesses of 3/4, 1 1/2, 2 1/4 and 3 inches. They are 14 inches long so they fit between the wheels and have a 45 degree bevel cut on one end as a ramp. This way I only have to back up about a foot to get the trailer up onto the blocks. They pack nicely into a heavy cardboard box that fits in the outside storage compartment of our 21RS.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I have the same set up as Mike, with 2x6 boards.
I leveled my trailer perfectly each way, and attached some bubble levels on the front of the unit. Makes quick work of leveling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts