Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just bought a 21rs and are novices. We will primarily use on weekends 1-2x per month thru the Fall.

When the RV is not in use, is there any harm in storing it in a location that is not level. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrbily angled but is there a need to level each time I finsh a weekend outing.

Please advise.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
No harm I can think of. The fridge needs to be close to level to work properly. If it were me, I'd just eyeball it close to level and leave it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm with JollyMon. If your not running anything in the Outback, no need to level perfectly. On the low side, you might cut some 2x8 pcs. of wood and just leave that where you can put it under the tires when you store it. Get it close to level then go poor a drink and think about the next outing. Happy camping.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I'll third that! I just wouldn't have it grossly uneven, make sure weight is roughly equal on the wheels. I kept my Kiwi unlevel, mostly due to the yard slope, but with the new Outback I poured an RV pad that is level side to side but angles back pretty good for drainage and I keep the Outback with a low tongue for drainage.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Y....
Let me know when you are accepting RESERVATIONS for your 'home RV park'. I need some of your mods done to my OUTBACK!

·
Outbackers Contributor
90 Posts
Ours is stored in a building, but when I bring it to the house, it's on the street. The slope of the street was enough to direct water from the gutters to run down the side of the trailer and right over the bike door. It didn't seal well and we had lots of water inside. I've since installed gutter extensions I've seen somewhere on this site, eliminated the water touching the side of the trailer. Also, had the bike door fixed under warranty. Stays dry now.

I guess to make a short story long, watch out for water getting through seals, especially when trailer is tilted.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
LOL JollyMon, come on over! You've got a few I want to work on too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts