Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone considered a couple of hinged trap doors in the cover over the valves on LP tanks? I've taken the cover off a bunch of times already and it's a tight squeeze I'm not sure the on and off thing is the best for the cover unless filling is required. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Brian

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I know they sell access doors for the main style of propane tank covers, you basically cut a hole in the top, install the access door cover and then you can easily remove it and turn the tanks on and off. Not sure if the color will match, but the concept is right.

Camping World sells them, but no photo is available. You can view it here.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Yes I did install a little hatch it is 6x12. Makes it a lot easier to turn the propane on also I like the idea of being able to get to the bottles quickly in case of emergency. Krylon Semi-gloss white is a match for the exterior white on the TT. Used pop rivets and back up washers to hold the hatch in place I also had to buy a heat gun to slightly bend the door because of the irregular shape of the cover. kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
No I don't have any pic's of that yet. I have to snag the camera from my wife but when I do I will update the mod's.
1) fresh water presure tank
2) hatch in propane cover
3) new outside storage, moved outside shower over under sink and installed new hatch- 20x14 area under bath closet
4) removed and replaced plastic pads on rear slider hold down

My wife is threatening a intervention program for the outback and has said she will tow it over to my folks house, so I have to quit for a while- maybe-

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I made a mistake on the measurement of the storage under the bath cabnet it is 14x16x16. Still don't have the camera.

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks everyone! Thats what I was hoping for. Sometimes when your just gettin into something new, you could be intimidated and not ask questions for fear of being a member of the Dumb Question Club(which doesn't really exist). Thanks again. Brian

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Ok guys, I posted the pic's of the mod's I listed including the propane hatch. I am pretty much finnished working on the outback and am ready for our trip on the 22nd of March. kirk
PS> I still have to set up the hitch according to the advice and instrutions I recieved- thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts