Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
We returned from 4 days of star gazing in our new 2004 21RS yesterday. Everything checked out just great, the furnace got a real work out it was 24 on Sat. night.
I winterized it yesterday afternoon,installed pump kit, drained everything and put the anti-freeze in. This morning went out to take the batteries out and cover it , the LP alarm was ringing. I know the gas is off and the only power was the batteries. Does the cold weather have any effect on the alarm? The LED on the alarm was yellow, alarm model is MTI, 30-422. Thanks for all the help.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
To the best of my experience(firefighter)...Cold weather shouldn't affect it. Alarms do have the tendency to activate for different reasons though. (be it smoke, CO, or gas).

My best guess would be a malfunction caused by moisture from the temperature change from hot to cold. (condensation) Sometimes they ring for other reasons to alert you something is wrong. If it still alarms when there is no chance of moisture being in the detector, that is probably it. Doesn't hurt to have the dealer check/replace it though. Better safe than sorry. I live in ND, where temperature extremes abound, and I have not had this happen.

Warranties are great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I guess it's a good idea to unhook the battery while storing the trailer for weeks at a time? Any advice would be appreciated. Got our new 28BHS and had a great weekend 'burning wood and marshmallows". So far everything checks out OK. Already winterized so I may not mess with the water lines for a few months.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We simply added a "kill" switch on the batteries which I flip off when the trailer is in storage. It stops everything from draining the batteries. When we get ready to go, it usually only takes a day or so to charge by plugging in...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts