Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
325FRE. Have a handle and don't know where to put it if power slide fails ? Have looked outside but see no access points for lug.
Any advice appreciated.

Ray

·
Administrator
18,056 Posts
Normally under the trailer...in a line from the drive motor. You will have to cut an opening in the underbelly to find the bolt head.

If I were you, I would ask the dealership to show this to you the next time you have it in for service.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
325FRE. Have a handle and don't know where to put it if power slide fails ? Have looked outside but see no access points for lug.
Any advice appreciated.

Ray
Here is a video from Keystone -the first part of the video discusses 5th wheels and about 1/2 way through they talk about how to access the Outback's overide,..

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Any advice appreciated.

Ray
Here is a video from Keystone -the first part of the video discusses 5th wheels and about 1/2 way through they talk about how to access the Outback's overide,..
[/quote]

Rick I don't see a link.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Any advice appreciated.

Ray
[/quote]

Rick I don't see a link.
[/quote]

Sorry, here is the link - click here

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm not sure if this applies to all Outbacks...but if it will help...

My 282FE came with two handles. One for the rear stablizers, and one that goes into a hole in the front left side to manually operate the landing gear.

As far as the slideouts go...

I crawled underneath and found two square peices of the underbelly that had been screwed on. I removed one of them to find... NOTHING! So I made an incision in the underbelly wrap...where I had removed the square peice. That's where I found the Lippert drive motor/gearbox. On one side...you'll find a hex adapter that you can turn using a socket wrench. My right side slide wouldn't go out... I initially opened the underbelly on the right side. I quickly found out that the motor on the Right Side powers the drive for the LEFT SLIDEOUT...and the motor on teh Left Side powers the drive for the RIGHT SLIDEOUT.

USE EXTREME CAUTION!!! When you cut into the underbelly to make an access hatch...just be very careful. The wiring for your RV is just laying around inside of there...you could cut through a wire if you're not being very carefull when you make the cut.

I gave mine a few cranks...which freed the assembly and it started to work again electrically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts