Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to install a maxxair fan in the vent located in the bedroom. The nearest light (12 volt source) looks like it might be too far to access. Is there a 12 volt source in the a.c. prep panel right next to the vent or is that strictly 110?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just bought the 5100K Maxxair fan and going to install it hopefully on Saturday. I have a 2013 230RS so not sure about your setup. I’d get a meter and start testing for 12VDC. Most 12VDC circuits are on a 15A fuse if you’re splicing in but still be careful and double check as if everything is running it’ll blow the fuse (keep extra fuses handy). I’m going to see if I can make a new run for the fan but will probably pull it from the light that’s right next to it on mine. Doesn’t the bathroom already have a small cheap fan in it (mine does)? If so you can pull from that.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I installed a maxxfan in our 250RS. It's all 12 volt so no need to access a shore power circuit. On ours, I had to run wire about 10 feet to the light over the front bunks that has constant power. There are cutouts in the ceiling trusses and I was able fish the wire through those with a coat hanger using the speaker holes in the ceiling for access. The wire I used is bulk 12v landscape lighting wire from home depot. Back then it was available by the foot but I'm not sure if it still is. It's almost identical to the wire used in the trailer except for the color.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts