Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 21RS is only 5 weeks old, but I've gotten a jump on the mods. They are:

Ladder to get into the top bunk bed (our 4 1/2 year old is thrilled)
Clear LED Nightlight.
Relocated spare tire and installed gear box on rear bumper.

Still to come:
Dimmers on a few of the interior lights- why did they make them *so* bright, anyway?

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Kip have fun modding! One of the things I do for the lights is to remove 1 bulb in a fixture with 2, tones the light down enough and when on battery power it extends the life of the battery. If it helps to see how another made their ladder, here is the link to how I setup mine.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Y-guy,
Thanks for the tip- I actually looked at your photos before building mine, but with the folding lower bunk and limited access to both bunks on the 21RS, I didn't see how I could make it work like you did. So instead, I just made a plain old ladder out of some 1x2 red oak rails and 1" dowels. I used a couple of rope tie down hooks to attach it to the upper bunk, and some rubber feet on the bottom to keep it secured. When not needed, it lifts off and stores on the upper bunk.

As for the bulbs- that's a great idea. I'm going to go pull out half of the bulbs tonight!

NW,
A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll snap one this weekend and [try to] post it next week. It's nothing fancy, but on the 21RS there's no storage compartment that doesn't share time with the interior, and I wanted someplace to put lighter fluid and dirty stuff. I think there will also be room behind it and the spare tire for a couple of tubes to store the rear slide channels, but that will come later.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts