Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

I may have missed this on other posts, but I wonder if anyone else has done the minor modification that I have done on any of the trailers I have owned. The first thing I do is to replace any outside screws with stainless steel ones. I find that over time the factory installed screws will always rust and streak.

On the Outback, there is a molding about a foot up from the bottom of the outside panel. The screws there will rust out over a few years if not replaced. (Maybe longer if you are further away from the coast than I am - less than a mile)

For a few dollars, you can improve the looks and longevity of the unit. However, there is one caution. A few of the screws, particularly around the slide out, have been shortened at the factory. You will have to cut off the ends of the replacements before installing.

Bopper

2002 23FBS
2002 Ford Explorer
2 Adults and 2 very spoiled Cocker Spaniels

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
That's a good idea. I noticed a few of mine are starting to rust a bit.

Mike

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ditto on that being a good mod. I use stainless exclusively on all outside stuff I do for my job.

I mentioned this in another post (not in Mods), but another easy mod is to enclose all the outside wiring in plastic split loom. Tape or cable tie it every so often. It's a nice clean look and will protect the wires.

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

Thats great. I just returned my TT to the dealer for minor repair and I got all my screws replaced with stainless.

Thor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts