Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our walk thru when we picked up our camper me missed a lot of little things. Like the TV has no cord did not try it there. The CD player in the Radio. We where told that they could not deliver with LP Gas in the tank that they checked things out with there tank but when we came to pick it up There was no Gas in the tanks ECT. Love this camper but missed a lot of little things at the walk thru. We watched for all the stuff that was brought up here. We have had the camper for 6 weeks now and are waiting for the weather to brake to go on a shake down run. shy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Don't feel bad, PDI's are a learning experience. Don't hesitate to ask here if you have a question or call your dealer too. After you shake down cruise you may have a couple minor issues so don't wait to long to get it back into the dealer. I know some other forums people make reservations at the dealership to drop it off on Sunday after a weekend shakedown cruise for the minor repairs. Hopefully you won't have any though!

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

Our PDi experience was not the greatest. The trailer wasn't even clean properly. However, ther was an added bonus by the dealer not cleaning the trailer...I got some spare parts

Light cover
5 extra screws
some staples

Thor

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Thor said:
5 extra screws
I think the guys at Keystone that have the screws took their training from Johnny Appleseed... figured if they dropped enough of them they would grow or something. I keep finding them in the oddest places.

I guess its good that these guys don't work for NASA... then again maybe they used to

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Tell me about it, our walk through was a joke at first. When they found out we had owned a MH they tried to give us the rush job saying, Oh you know how to work that, then onto the next item. We had to a one point say slow down and go over that again. Next time I will not let them know we had another RV. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

Talking about sawdust. I found all kinds of stuff in the heating vents. Then I realized that the registers cannot be closed like the ones in my home. Closing the registers during non heating times should be the dirt out so I took a trip to the local Home Depot and solved that problem.

Thor

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Good idea Thor, as I recall somebody put screen material over theirs to solve the problem of small things going down between the grate. I want to repaint the aluminum so the dirt doesn't show up so much once it does fall down in there!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Thor,

Not having forced air heat in the house, but hot water heat, I'm at a loss. Would a standard household register fit in the Outback ducts?

Steve,

You change your avatar more then I change my socks...

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
hatcityhosehauler said:
You change your avatar more then I change my socks...
I'm not even going to go there! LOL Well this Avatar is here to stay, finally found one that fits!

The register should fit fine in your Outback, some I've seen are fairly deep and that might cut into the air flow, but if Thor got his to fit I would think that's not a problem.

G

·

Thor,
Thanks for the idea!! The first time that I saw those registers, I knew that something wasn't right. I never even equated house type closing registers as a solution

Steve, I like it !!

Happy camping

Gary

·
Registered
276 Posts
I missed one little thing but then how do you check if the gray tank is vented????
. I also am finding screws all over after a year I keep them so if one falls out and gets swept up i have spares to replace.

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I missed one little thing but then how do you check if the gray tank is vented????
When I picked my unit up, the dealer had already run some plumbing checks, so to check the tanks, the tech going through the PDI with us just pulled the valves, one at a time. This way, we also knew which tank was which, as opposed to others with tank valves marked backwards, our were not marked at all.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts