Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have to ask for those of us that have had problems with leaks in our Outbacks, has there ever been a concern of the extent of the water damage? For instance my 28RLS is now back in the shop for walls buckeling due to when the unit flooded (bedroom only) July 03. Should I be concerned that future damage such as other wall damage in the same room weather it be walls buckeling or mold in between the walls where I can't see? I'm just curious because the dealership is telling me there is now way they can check the other walls for damage other than a hammer test? so should the same problem arise in 3 months they will have to tear my unit apart again? Just doesn't seem like they are going the extra mile in customer service.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Tough call. I guess I'd make REALLY SURE there are no more leaks, and damage is ALL taken care of. After the warranty is up, you'll probably be on your own.
I'd ride the dealer like a pony!

·
Registered
394 Posts
cgtrivett,

I would guess (although I wouldn't be happy about it if it were me) that the "hidden damage" concern might be slightly mitigated by the fact that yours is an aluminum framed trailer. Just a thought.

Chet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts